Monday, 27 January 2014

F I R S T M E N T O R M E E T I N G . . .

27th January 

First meeting with my FMP mentor who is Flavia, I feel like it went quite well as she seemed intrigued and interested in my idea but the main thing we agreed on was that I need to somehow narrow down my concept as it is too broad. In my proposal, I explained how for my FMP I wanted to create a photography book that incorporated different forms of art, including hair and make-up, to create a new wave of art all based around the human face and body.

I showed her my Pinterest page demonstrating the different styles of art that I had been researching including illustrations, paintings, and textiles designs and all formed around the face. One thing that is clear through my page is that I want every page full of colour! My pinterest board, which I will add onto over time –

http://www.pinterest.com/billieraemaria/fmp-inspiration/


A key point Flavia made during our meeting was that it was vital for me to stick to a plan – not necessarily my production schedule but to keep a plan in my diary so for each week I had a target to work towards so I wouldn’t get over whelmed and swamped with work as this was a concern of mine. During my studying at Art Foundation and my first 2 years at uni, I always worked best when I had a target and a plan so this is something that I am certain I shall continue during my FMP to guarantee a successful work flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment