Thursday, 13 February 2014

V I M E O F I L M R E S E A R C H . . .

13th February

Though my end product will be a photography book, I have tried looking into different forms of inspiration to help me gain an understanding of lighting and the different effects this can create for the focal points of the face and body. To help me I have been looking into various Vimeo’s by searching key words such as ‘dark lighting’, ‘colour lighting’, ‘make-up lighting’ to see what other artists have created.


This film called, ‘Light up the dark’ from the Loyal Family Studio demonstrates how a combination of different lighting effects can emphasize the body and draw the attention onto the important features of the body all with a black backdrop, this is something that I am to do. After my dissertation, my first idea for my FMP was to create a fashion film linked in with my dissertation but as I had never made a film before, I thought it would be best to stick with something that I had more confidence in which was photography, although some of the films that I have looked at are stunning!!

https://vimeo.com/61366486


The 2nd film, which has inspired me is from SHOWstudio called ‘Gareth Pugh for M.A.C by Ruth Hogben which is incredible! Half way through the film it shows the combination of lighting and projected images onto the skin, which merge into one another, which is something that I love. Once again the lighting is dark, quite sinister in a way, which brings a brilliant concept to the film.

https://vimeo.com/32711548

To try and expand my knowledge, I have looking into different forms of art to gain inspiration for my project. Searching through Vimeo I came across this next video by searching ‘colour lighting fashion’, called Burble London. This is a massive carbon-fibre structure reaching up towards the sky, composed of approximately 1000 extra-large helium balloons each of which contain LED lights that create incredible patterns of light across the surface of the structure. The reason why I have decided to include this video as part of my research considering it has no reference to fashion or make-up, is simply the way the combination of lighting and movement work together to create something visually stunning. This has inspired me to experiment with lighting for my final shoots and to see the different effects when projecting altered coloured lighting onto the face, and how this works with the make-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment