Friday, 21 February 2014

I N I T I A L H A I R R E S E A R C H . . .

21st February 





















One of the main reasons why I wanted to study hair and make-up was because of my background with hair, as during my college years I used to model for Toni&Guy and Saks which gave me more of an insight into hair design and the art behind it. As well as having my hair coloured, the variation of hairstyles I demonstrated when modelling opened my eyes to an industry that I wasn’t aware of beforehand. The technician behind the hair designs were something like a piece of art; with the planning and intricate details this is something that inspired me to study my course.

With that being said, when it came to thinking of ideas for my FMP and I came up with basing my book on the 7 deadly sins, I knew straight away that I wanted to really create not only stunning make-up, but also push my creativity through hair – for the hair to be just as a big part as the make-up.


For my initial research, I looked into different styles of hair and the techniques used, with the addition of colour and props and the outcomes, which other stylists have produced. By searching through Pinterest and Tumblr I gathered images that inspired me most for my project. As I started looking through my collected images I created these mood boards not only for the colour scheme but to show the sort of designs I shall be aiming to create for my shoots. Each one representing a combination of technique and mixed materials used to create the style with complimentary make-up designs. Each picture is vibrant in colour not just with the make-up and styling but within the hair which is something that I find inspirational and that I will definitely incorporate for my shoots.


No comments:

Post a Comment