Monday, 7 April 2014

2 N D S H O O T - W R A T H

7th April
Start of a new week and the home run of my FMP shoots! I have planned to shoot every day this week as it is the first week of the Easter holidays which means that the photography studios will be open access as apposed to booking them and the make-up studios will be empty. Although many of the girls on my course have already done the majority of their shoots and thought I was crazy leaving it this late, I feel that I have done the best thing as now I will have all the space in the make-up studios to just crack on with my work as I plan on doing the beauty and avant garde look for each sin every day, so time is of the essence!

To start off this week I have decided to shoot Wrath first as I feel 100% with both looks for the sin. My model is a fellow course mate called Gemma and one of the reasons why I thought she would work well for wrath is because her hair is a dark, cherry red shade, which is something that I was looking for the beauty look. For the beauty look I just wanted to keep the make-up quite simple and to keep the focus on the lip by creating a vibrant, glossy red lip. As we started shooting and Gemma starting feeling comfortable in front of the camera I began to direct her on how to pose, the best way to help Gemma understand how I wanted her to look was to act like a bitch, and this did just the job!

For the avant-garde shoot it was quite an easy transition from one look to the other as I just had to simply take away the red lip and touch up the skin. A trick that I learn during m dissertation shoots to create a perfect straight line on the face, is to use surgical tape as this is specially designed for the skin so wont cause redness and does the job well. So for my avant-garde look I was happy to use the tape, as I wanted to create a sharp line across the top of the head.


The only obstacle I had during the shoots was the colour I used for the mask across the eyes for the avant-garde look. As I used the black and red from the Super Colour pallet we got in our kits, it looks quite wet which evidently made the mask look incredibly shiny on camera. In future I would consider using a powder to layer on top of the paint to take away the shine to form a matte finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment