Thursday, 10 April 2014

4 T H S H O O T - L U S T

9th March
4th shoot and so far everything’s going to plan! I am about half way through my shooting and week and so far everything has going smoothly, good communication with my models to arranging meetings and with my photographer also.  Today I am shooting my Lust beauty and avant garde and the main colour involved today is pink. For the beauty look I wanted to keep it quite simple, very similar to my Wrath look, whereas the main focus of the look was a vibrant lip. My model Rosie has incredible skin so this gave the final look a good finish as her skin took well to the makeup. The transition from one look to the other was more of a challenge for this look as there was quite a bit of work to be done. For the hair for the second look, I used 2 of the hair sheets I made a few days earlier instead of one large one, and folded them to create an interesting wave effect and pulled out the edges to make sure there wasn’t a distinctive PVA glue line, to ensure the hair seemed natural. As the edges of the hair are quite fly away I feel that this makeup look compliments the hair due to the harsh edge cheekbones. As Rosie had quite dark roots in comparison to her blonde hair, I felt that the pink on the face didn’t look right as there was a cut off line along her hair line so by blending the pink through her hair, this brought the two together I feel.


Once I had attached the hair in place and finished the makeup look, there was something that didn’t look right and I struggled to put my finger on it. I had a play about with the hair and changing the style of it, but whilst attaching the hair I cut away small sections to achieve the right shape and with one of the pieces I cut off, I placed this over Rosie’s roots – which worked wonders! By doing this, this brought the whole look together and erased any distance between the hair and make-up. I feel that this is one of my strongest avant garde looks and I am so pleased with the outcome, even my photographer said that this was his favourite look so far which was good to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment