Wednesday, 9 April 2014

C R E A T I N G H A I R S H E E T S . . .

9th April
From my previous research into different hair designs and techniques used, I tried to think outside the box on how to create vibrant hair designs that haven’t been done before. As I had already experimented with creating sheets of hair by layering crepe hair onto tracing paper and ironing, I wanted to create something that had more strength and didn’t make the hair as flimsy. While I studied art foundation at college, for one of my projects I made sheets of coloured tissue paper and thread and to do this I layered them in-between PVA glue and cellophane, so to create more structured sheets of hair I thought id try this process and I am so happy I did!


To create the hair sheets and to make sure the hair looked real-like at the end I straightened the crepe hair and continuously brushed through with a thin-toothed comb to make sure the hair became really fine. Once the hair was fine enough, I spread it into a thin layer across rolled out cellophane and then covered the hair with pva glue, by keeping the top of it free to the air this helped it try quicker. The end result was exactly what I wanted, although one side was shiny due to glue, the opposite side looked and felt like feel hair so this was perfect for creating shapes and layering for when it came down to my final shoots – a fun but tedious process!

No comments:

Post a Comment