
8th April
From when I had previously spoken to Emma, she mentioned that I should do close ups of the nails, lips and eyes for each sin to show the progression from beauty to avant garde instead of each page in my book being a headshot image as I wanted to show diversity within my book. For some of my shoots where I will be focusing on nails I have experimented with colour and texture to see how what I cant create and what would look good with different looks. By using a combination of acrylic tip nails and square acrylics, I practised by layering different colour and using the end of a bobby pin to create a swirl design for my Sloth avant garde shoot. Such a simple technique and yet I absolutely love the results, on camera the nails stood out so much and could really see the mixture of colours used.
As I previously mentioned in my post earlier about the wig preparation
for my Sloth shoot, this is the first time I shall be using a black mode, a challenge
I am excited about. I met Wura at a fashion show I worked on a few weeks ago
and I am so glad that I have this contact, as she is a stunning model. When I started
preparing the skin for the beauty, it came to my attention that she
unfortunately had quite bad skin, not only her face but her chest. With make-up
I did the best I could to cover it but I know when I start editing the image it
will be a challenge for me. I used Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation in 420, as
it was the darkest shade I had and this combined with a dark face powder I feel
I did quite well with the skin match. For the eyes the shade of blue I originally
planned on using, the colour wasn’t standing out as much as I wanted it to but
after layering on different shades, I am pleased with the result as the
contrast of the blue to her skin stood out well which is what I wanted. As she
had quite a bit of modelling experience as soon as we started shooting she got
into the swing of it and the final images came out brilliantly!

No comments:
Post a Comment