For my Sloth shoot, it shall be the first of 2 things for
me, working with a bald model and using a wig – both of these I am incredibly
excited about. My model is called Wura and she shaves her head, for the beauty
shoot I think this will work brilliantly but for the avant garde shoot I wanted
to use a wig to show the transition from one look to the other. As sloth is the
sin that refers to laziness so to portray this factor into my shoot I thought
of different types of wigs that would clearly demonstrate this. Late one night
it clicked to me that years ago I bought an afro wig for a fancy dress party
and I remember pulled the wig hair, the hair actually extended to quite a
length, this gave me an idea – to buy an afro wig and to brush it out to create
a volumes’ piece. I bought a wig from online in a silver/light grey shade and I
placed it on a dolls head that we have at university. Section by section I
started using my wide toothed comb to brushed out the hair to then use the comb
and back comb the section, by doing this it extends the length but also adds
volume by pushing the hair back to the roots.
After repeating this process at least 4 times over the whole
head, as well as pulling bits out to show that it has been unkempt, I want to
cut into the hair to created a point at each side of head, sort of like a
double triangular shape but I shall do this once the wig is placed on my model
for the final shoot, by doing this this will ensure that the shade will suit
the overall look as opposed cutting into it now and regretting it later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment